As of January 1, 2021, the Six Corners Chamber of Commerce was named the Sole Service Provider for Special Service Area #28 by the mayoral appointed commission and the Chicago City Council. The Special Service Area (SSA) is an economic development tool that allows additional real estate property taxes to be levied to fund added services for a defined area. The services funded through SSA #28 are in addition to services generally provided by the City of Chicago. These services benefit those properties that are located within the boundaries of the SSA.
The Six Corners Chamber of Commerce (via SSA #28) will provide for litter removal on public areas located within the SSA. During the snow season, we will provide snow removal and salting for the public sidewalks located within the SSA. Snow removal will automatically occur when a given snowfall exceeds 1 inch.
We will provide for and maintain landscaping in public-area planters which are located within the SSA. Annual contracts with professional landscapers will be utilized to accomplish this.
Business owners will benefit from advertising (both print and digital) and promotions that will attract thousands of people to our shopping district.
Coming in 2023
New Service Provider!
Six Corners and SSA28-2014 will be getting additional help to manage the district.
Under the direction of City of Chicago , Department of Planning we now have the help of the Belmont -Central Chamber of Commerce. They are the second oldest SSA in Chicago and have many years experience running a SSA. They are already providing snow plowing services for Six Corners.
We look forward to all the new changes coming to our district and the rebirth of this historic shopping district. There is currently $370 million dollars in capital investment of construction projects going on today. With on estimated $150 million more to be announced in the next few months!
We are very grateful for the tireless help of Alderman Jim Gardiner and his staff to make this kind of change possible.
SSA #28-2014 Six Corners
Wednesday, March 15th, 2023 at 12 p.m.
Meeting ID: 823 5317 5837
Meeting ID: 823 5317 5837
2022 Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, January 12th, at 12:00pm - Special Commissioners Meeting
- Wednesday, February 23rd, at 12:00pm
- Wednesday, April 6th, at 12:00pm
- Tuesday, April 26th, at 1:00pm - Special Commissioners Meeting
- Wednesday, June 29th, at 12:00pm - Special Commissioners Meeting
- Wednesday, July 13th, at 12:00pm
- Wednesday, July 27th, at 12:00pm - Special Commissioners Meeting
2022 Meeting Minutes
- February 23, 2022
- April 6, 2022
- April 26, 2022
- June 29, 2022
- July 13, 2022 (Quorum of SSA 28-2014 Commissioners present was not met)
- July 27, 2022
- September 21, 2022 (Meeting Minutes will be presented for approval at the next Commissioners Meeting)
- October 12, 2022 (Quorum of SSA 28-2014 Commissioners present was not met.)