As of January 1, 2021, the Six Corners Chamber of Commerce was named the Sole Service Provider for Special Service Area #28 by the mayoral appointed commission and the Chicago City Council. The Special Service Area (SSA) is an economic development tool that allows additional real estate property taxes to be levied to fund added services for a defined area. The services funded through SSA #28 are in addition to services generally provided by the City of Chicago. These services benefit those properties that are located within the boundaries of the SSA.
The Six Corners Chamber of Commerce (via SSA #28) will provide for litter removal on public areas located within the SSA. During the snow season, we will provide snow removal and salting for the public sidewalks located within the SSA. Snow removal will automatically occur when a given snowfall exceeds 1 inch.
We will provide for and maintain landscaping in public-area planters which are located within the SSA. Annual contracts with professional landscapers will be utilized to accomplish this.
Business owners will benefit from advertising (both print and digital) and promotions that will attract thousands of people to our shopping district.
2022 Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, January 12th, at 12:00pm - Special Commissioners Meeting
- Wednesday, February 23rd, at 12:00pm
- Wednesday, April 6th, at 12:00pm
- Tuesday, April 26th, at 1:00pm - Special Commissioners Meeting
- Wednesday, June 29th, at 12:00pm - Special Commissioners Meeting
2022 Meeting Minutes
- February 23, 2022
- April 6, 2022
- April 26, 2022
- June 29, 2022 (Meeting Minutes will be presented for approval at the July 27, 2022 Special Commissioners Meeting)
- July 13, 2022 (Quorum of SSA 28-2014 Commissioners present was not met)
- July 27, 2022